The Life’s Little Treasures Foundation organises Treasure Time Support Groups at various venues for families of premature & sick babies. These groups provide a friendly and welcoming opportunity for parents to have a cuppa and chat and meet other parents in a similar situation while your children play. All groups are free of charge and siblings/grandparents are welcome to come along. We would love to see you. You may also like to read the recent interview with our National Treasure Time Coordinator, Maggie Lloyd.
For more information and to register for any Treasure Time Group please contact our head office;
- 1300 mypremmie – 1300 697 736
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our National Treasure Time Coordinator Maggie Lloyd HERE
We ask that if your Little Treasure is not well that you skip going to your group for that month. Due to their prematurity, most prem babies will still be experiencing health issues, may have compromised respiratory systems, and are very vulnerable. For this reason, we also ask that you only attend a Treasure Time Support Group if your baby is fully vaccinated according to their age. Having a sick child within a group can cause great anxiety for the other parents in the group. Thank you for your consideration.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
- Dates: Last Friday of the Month
- Time: 10.30am – 11.30 am
- Venue: Isabella Plains Neighbourhood House,
- Address: 123 Ellerston Avenue (opposite shops)
- Coordinator: Sally
- Cost: Free
- Group Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/groups/474196719372352/
- Date: Last Friday of every month (excluding January and December)
- Time: 10:00 am – 12pm
- Address: 20 Clark Street, Kalinga, QLD 4030
- Coordinators: Nerissa
- Cost: Free
- Group Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/groups/420739458136591/
- Date: 1st Friday of every month
- Time: 9:30am – 11:00am
- Venue: Kingston Neighbourhood House (formerly Maranoa Heights Community Centre)
- Address: 24 Hawthorn Drive, Kingston, TAS 7250
- Coordinators: Lucy and Lesley
- Cost: Free
Unfortunately, there may be times due to circumstances beyond our control that a group is cancelled. Cancellations are posted on the Life’s Little Treasures Foundation Facebook page and the Treasure Time closed group pages. Please ensure you are registered for your group to ensure you are kept up to date.
The Life’s Little Treasures Foundation also provides support to families that are currently going through the journey of prematurity within the hospital with the assistance of social workers. These support groups are only available to families that currently have a child in NICU/SCN at the Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne.
These support groups are only available to families that currently have a child in NICU/SCN at the Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne.
Treasure Time Support Group
- Date: 1st Monday of the month
- Time: 1pm – 2pm
- Venue: 4th Floor (NICU) – Parents Retreat Room
- Co-ordinators: Meaghan & Alex
- Phone: 1300 697 736 (head office phone line)
Evening support group for Dads at the Royal Women’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Date: Held every Wednesday night from 6pm
(allowing for facilitator availability).
- The hospital its self currently offers two sessions each month, in the evenings, for dads whose babies are in the Newborn Intensive and Special Care unit at the RWH.
- A chance for dads to meet other dads, talk about their experience and provide feedback to the hospital about ways in which they can support dads.
- There is also a closed Facebook group that has been set up to provide a social-networking platform for these dads. To find out more about it; please ask the group facilitator.
Read the article that appeared in The Age about the beginnings of the Dads group