Parent Guide for Families in Special Care Nurseries
Developed through a collaboration with parents who have been through this experience and reviewed by leading health professionals the Life’s Little Treasures Foundation, A Guiding Hand for Families in Special Care Nurseries book is a vital resource for any family currently in a Special Care Nursery and preparing for the journey home.
A Guiding Hand for Families in Special Care Nurseries is a handy A5 sized book containing critical information that is designed to assist families through their journey. It covers areas families can expect to experience during their journey through Special Care. Having been through this journey ourselves we know how difficult it can be to navigate your way through and we hope this will assist families and make this part of their journey easier by giving them a guided hand.
The Foundation believes that education and information for parents is crucial to get the best outcomes for premature and sick babies; it empowers families and enables them to become their child’s advocate. Once they are home with the baby, the Foundation has many more resources they can access to assist them with the next step.
- Services provided by the Life’s Little Treasures Foundation
- Special Care explained
- Transition from NICU to SCN
- Coping strategies
- Getting ready to go home
- At Home
- Listing of community services and resources
- A section to record milestones reached
- Notes area
One of our objectives at the Life’s Little Treasures Foundation is to ensure that every family going through this journey in Australia has easy access to critical information and support during this period in their life. It is our aim that every family be given this hospital folder as part of resources given to them during their time in the hospital.
How to obtain a copy if you are a family
- If you are currently in hospital and have not got a copy, please ask your Nurse Unit Manger or Contact us via email on email@example.com or on our Facebook page HERE
How to order copies if you are a hospital
- If you are a hospital that would like to start receiving A Guiding Hand for Families in Special Care Nurseries for your families then please contact our Product & Services Manager Karen Peters on 0466 406 751 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Family members and friends can purchase a copy of the book from our online shop.
How to reorder LLTF resources
- Please contact our Product & Services Manager Karen Peters on 0466 406 751 or via email on email@example.com
Other services we provide
- Other services we provide to Health Professionals listed HERE
Hear about how our programs support the families of premature and sick babies